June 14, 2013

Guess Who's Back . . .

Braid Removal - VO5 Conditioner & Jamaican Mango & Lime Braid Twist Remover
Flat Twist - Castor Oil & Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme

After 6 weeks of rocking braids, my curly afro is back!! I really enjoyed the convenience and versatility of braids and plan to get them redone in a few weeks, there's nothing like my own natural hair. It took me a little over 2 hours to remove my braids using MsVCharles method (see video below). Some of my braids were hanging on for dear life, so in order not to damage my natural hair I sectioned off no more than 4-5 braids at a time using her method. And finally I get a chance to try some products that I received at the Triad International Natural Hair Meetup Day hosted by the African American Art Store. 

I totally forgot just how much I LOVED Miss Jessie' products!!







Now, the question is . . .how am I going to wear my hair next month for Return of the Curls presents Curls Gone Wild




2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting, i'm getting braids done soon and this will come in handy when i take them down. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair has definitely grown!

    ReplyDelete