May 1, 2012

April Retail Rehab

The $50 a month challenge has officially been suspended. Instead I plan to update Retail Rehab to track my spending habits for the remainder of the year. The past few month's has offered many lessons learned and maybe in the future I can be a little more disciplined in my spending habits, but as of right now I just can't do commit to spending a certain amount each month

April 2012 Lesson's Learned
  • Limit the number of shopping trips! I've had a few people ask how often I shop and what days of the week I typically shop. For the most part I am a during the week shopper with some exceptions made on Sunday afternoons. And I typically will only go shopping once a week, but this month I went a little overboard and it definitely showed.
  • Plan for trips! I knew I was going to Charlotte for a conference, so I tried to factor in some possible thrifting and retail shopping. Thank goodness I had a gift card for Belk's.
My first official April purchase was during Downtown Greensboro First Friday at Across the Tracks (recently opened literally across the railroad tracks on Elm St). I know, yet another consignment store in Greensboro. The prices were reasonable and I will probably add it to my regular stops on First Friday.

Friday, April, 6, 2012

 As usual, I made a couple of trips to a few Triad Goodwill locations.

Tuesday, April 6, 2012

I almost didn't try this jacket on because of the size. Ladies, don't ever get caught up in sizing. I have clothes in my closet from a size 8-14! I didn't have time to try this dress on, but the color and material were my style. Thank goodness it fit and it's super sexy, now I have to find the perfect accessories.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I spent a few days in  Charlotte, NC for a NACADA conference and after an entire day spent in the hotel headed out to find Goodwill. I was too excited to find Value Village and Goodwill in the same shopping center. Unfortunately, Value Village didn't have a dressing room so I really took a chance on the dress and capris. I waited in vain for yellow NY&CO skinny jeans to go on sale, but they sold out of my size in both stores in my area, but I think these yellow denim capri pants are a perfect substitute.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Now, this was my first ever and probably last Goodwill Outlet experience. The store concept is you load up a bin and pay $1.39 per pound. Had I even known that this location was an outlet I probably would have gone somewhere else. I had to take a deep a breath and woo-sah as I rummaged through bins and bins of clothes, no sizing, men, women, kids, or like colors! After like ten minutes, I found this NY&CO blouse and headed for the checkout. After getting the shirt home and ironing it for these photos, I discovered a hole in the back!! Ugghh, So Disappointed! I'm gonna try to salvage it somehow.

So, I totally forgot about buying this royal blue dress at the Dillard's Outlet at the end of March until I started edited my photos. Since I get paid on the last day of the month, it's technically included in my April Budget. I got the sweater and purse during my trip to Charlotte. I actually had a gift card for Belk's that I was able to use for the sweater, so it wasn't included in my total budget. 

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - Dillard's Outlet
Thursday, April 12, 2012 - Marshall's
Friday, April 12, 2012 - Belk
Friday, April 20, 2012 - Target

To finish out the month, I joined in the 1 year anniversary of the N. Elm St Goodwill location. I can't believe it's been an entire year!! Customers received a $5 off coupon, I grabbed a few things for me and returned to grab a few things for Camden (2 pairs of shorts and a Chaps shirt-not pictured). 

April19, 2012

TOTAL - $142.20

I know, I am not proud at all of the total spent, but my birthday is next month and I expect lots of gifts so I don't have to spend my own money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment